[Public Domain]

Notes on nursing : what it is, and what it is not (1860)

Author: Nightingale, Florence, 1820-1910; Burn & Co., (binder)
Subject: Nurses and nursing
Publisher: London : Harrison
Language: English
Call number: ahm-4789
Book contributor: York University
Collection: toronto

Full catalog record: MARCXML

Creative Commons license: Public Domain

Average Rating: 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: Gary Gallagher - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - April 14, 2005
Subject: More than an historical curiosity
Anyone who has heard the marvelous recording of Florence Nightingale's voice at the British library barking out "I leave my voice for future generations", will be familiar with the tone of this short work; its matter of fact style is quite deceptive. Florence was actually a very subtle and sharp thinker. This is a text kept in libraries out of a sense of propriety, but which is rarely read and whose implications are even more rarely grasped. I won't write the essay here , but if you are interested in the foundations of nursing and the woman whose reforms of hospitals made the achievements of modern medicine possible - read it.

Selected metadata

Identifier: nightingalenotes00york
Mediatype: texts
Color: y